India has more then a few thousand management institute offering post graduate management degrees. However among them hardly anybody is among the top two hundred globally. However the ‘School of Business Management - NMIMS (Deemed to be university)’ is one of the exceptions to this. The institute is ranked consistently among the top seven or eight in India. In our effort to spread quality management education in the country we have expanded our campuses to different part of India including Bengaluru and Hyderabad. In the coming academic year starting July 2017 offering, “Post Graduate Diploma in Management”- PGDM
The admission process for the PGDM is through the "NMAT by GMAC" examination followed Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Program offered at Navi Mumbai:
The NMIMS Navi Mumbai (Kharghar) is located in the natural scenic serene academic environment with an ideal atmosphere for pursuing the higher education program in Management in a tranquil and peaceful environment away from the noise and pollution of a metro city. However at the same time it is in the close proximity of Mumbai, the commercial capital of India. It is in in the midst of the fastest growing area of Navi Mumbai – Kharghar next to the upcoming Pethapada Metro Station.
The area is spread over 4.39 Acres of land surrounded near the lush green Central Park and the Golf Course, Kharghar. The area has all the modern academic facilities like the Library including e-journals and access to global research paper publications and journals, Computer lab, Language lab, Cafeteria, Yoga room, Gymnasium and sports facilities. Assistance for students’ accommodation is provided.
There are lot of field activities like Industry visits, rural exposure, students exposure to ‘NGOs’, conference, Industry luminaries visits, Guest lectures, Value added workshops on contemporary subjects, Summer projects with Industries, Industrial consultancy and research projects with faculties and visits to Ports, warehouses etc. as part of interactive continual learning.
In the last decade the world have seen a phenomenal change in the global leadership of leading corporates all over the world. The top management personnel of corporates as well as education institutes have been held by Indians. The Indian system of ethos, values, capability and environmental influences coupled with exposure to western education system at a later part of their life has catapulted them holding such positions. The students and managers across the globe are curious not only to know these practices but imbibe them in their education and skill development to survive and excel in the contemporary, dynamic and turbulent business environment.
Therefore there is an opportunity of such a kind of management education providing “Development of Holistic Management Skills” as the culminating stage of education before the student enters the corporate as well as entering the world all by himself outside the shadow of continual parental and academic guidance of teachers. This model will attract students and corporates not only from India but from all over the world. This model blends the Excellence of Western Management system with Ethos and values of Indian Management system with a global orientation to excel in contemporary Business Environment.
The unique features of this model will be
1. Research oriented industry experienced faculty with excellent communication skill and knowledge imparting ability into practical implementation.
2. Guru – Shishya parampara – Every faculty of such eminence will take 15 students under mentoring and continuous guidance to nurture and help holistic skills in the field of education, training, summer placement, as well as development of self-management skills.
3. Developing self-management skills through learning Yoga practices and other techniques for managing and curing various life style diseases, handling depression, developing ability to focus and concentrate in the vital areas of performance excellence.
4. Assessment of students through professionals counselling for identifying their core competence.
5. During the course students will be experiencing the real life situation of industrial visits, rural environment as well as having a short stint with a NGO.
6. Conducting work-shops on emerging management subjects over and above the curriculum to help the students acquire differentiating industry savvy knowledge for better competitive position in the industry.
7. Helping students acquiring various self-management skills under the guidance of faculty like annual management event, research paper publication, primary research, case development, management of various institute activities, participation in various seminar conferences etc.
8. The institute will look for a tie-up with one or more foreign universities for exchange of students, exchange of faculties, conducting joint research etc.
9. For effective industry-institute interface sessions, senior management professionals will be invited to interact with the students.
10. The institute will try to involve students under guidance of faculty for industrial consultancy, research etc.
11. Case study and other method of Interactive teaching with simultaneous creation of sound base of theory and practical implementation of knowledge into practice. In the era of disruptions leading to phenomenal growth including every field of global business and economy including political leadership, sharing resources, leveraging on virtual world, process and technology this model will be a disruption and a need of the hour for imparting contemporary global management education for sustenance, innovation and world class performance excellence with mental peace and tranquillity of Indian Management Ethos.
Director at Navi Mumbai
Dr. Parthasarathi N. Mukherjee
(Ph. D. - TQM, MMS, B.E., IRCA and IATCA)
• B.E. (Mechanical) – College of Engineering, Pune.
• Master Of Management Science (M.M.S)-Pune University.
• Ph. D. (Management) - Pune University.
• Fellow of Institution of Engineers (F.I.E.) – India.
• Chartered Engineer.
• ISO 9000:2000 certified lead Auditor
Associate Dean at Navi Mumbai
Manoj Kumar (Ph.D. [IIT Bombay], M.B.A.)
Faculties at Navi Mumbai
Dr. Shweta Lalwani - Associate Professor (HR & OB)
Dr. Surbhi Kaul - Assistant Professor (Marketing)
Prashant Barsing - Assistant Professor (QM & QT)